Monday 23 May 2011

The Football Season That Was

 This weekend I have been drinking in a very funny routine. On Friday, I had decided I will not drink and I was home by 5pm. A friend called in the name of business at 8pm and there I was going back to town. Unfortunately, he had nothing buy-able and so I decided to down my frustrations with many Vodka shots. I always insist, please look the product that you are selling. Guy was talking 1 Billion and he could not afford beer for Ksh 150.


Nway I was happy Yesterday when I watched my favorite team in England take the trophy and I decided to summarize the season that was.

It is amazing that after 35 years, Manchester City has finally won a cup. The FA cup which is the oldest in the English History.


Birmingham also deserves a pat on the back. The lads really thrashed the gooners on that fateful Sunday that I will never forget.

Too bad they will be relegated. They make history as the first team to win a trophy and get relegated in the same season.

Fare thee well West Ham, Blackpool and Birmingham.

Kudos to Sunderland for hammering the Blues home and away. We really deserved those six points you denied them.

Newcastle and Wolves really tried. A clap for them too.

Aston Villa, you gotta get serious, with likes of Bent, you shouldn't finish below 10.

Everton, you also need to get your groove back.

Tottenham, it is great keeping up with the pace. Redknapp is a good manager. *Wenger can you read this*

Manchester City should drop off the name Manchester. They should by now realize that regardless of who you buy, you still lose. Ask Mourinho.

Moving on to The field of Anne, We gotta give it up for one Kenny Daglish. He has proven that all a team needs to win is the spirit. Kudos to Luis Suarez although he screwed us at out 3-nil defeat.

I am still amazed that Arsenal are retaining Wenger Again?? Even if he has shares, please let him rest. He even accepted the Sir Alex is the Coach of all times.

I wonder what future Fabregas and akina Nasri are thinking of their future. I hear the tech bench at Emirates is firing The muRussia called Arshavin. So sad.

This team is good but it is too far in the dogs that even a Kenny Daglish won't work. These ones need Bob Collymore for restructuring. I swear.

Sad to see Ancelotti sent off but its the way they roll at the bridge. Alikuwa amezoea raia sana. Hufai kuingia job na ushinde cup season yako ya first.

The like of Torres made news with their barren legs for so long after they were purchased for hefty fees.

I am not sure Anelka will see himself on the pitch again.

And yesterday it was all Pomp and Red as the Real Men bagged the most coveted title in England, the Barclay's Premier League.

*Carlos Tevez can you read this??*

So sad that Edwin Van Der Saar has to leave but we will still win more cups.

Sir Alex also rubbished the thoughts that Manchester was a not so tough team.

I was Glad to see Javier Hernandez lift that trophy. He has really labored for it. From his opening goal at the community shield against the Blues, he has kept on mesmerizing.

Rooney still has his groove on. Papa Kai started with the wrong footing going barren for long periods, a small injury but he gave us the goal of the century. The Man City Bicycle kick that has never been so perfect. Up to date, Given is still twitching at the thought of that goal.

Giggs has seen the dusk of another season. This guy deserves knighting. He has played for the United for 20 years. Wooow!!

Kudos to Michael Owen. He scored the last goal of the Season for the Red Devils.

Kudos to The team that Will represent England at the Champion League Finals.

and Kudos to all football fans for the lively times.

Not forgetting DSTV for showing us just a few minutes of the celebration unlike last season when we saw the Blues for 2 hours even when they got home from the match. *Read this multichoice*


And 5 beers for me because I remained a faithful fan even when Wolves broke our unbeaten record and when Liverpool hammered us 3-1.

As always, Yours Truly,

Rafiki Mlevi

No comments:

Post a Comment